Click here for the
The EST-Frame project has produced a final outcome: TranSTEP (TranS-domain Technology Evaluation Process) accessible on http://transtepapproach.wordpress.com/
A special section is published in Science and Public Policy on results from EST-Frame:
- Thomas Reiss and Kate Millar. Introduction to special section: Assessment of emerging science and technology: Integration opportunities and challenges. Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 269-271; doi: dx.doi.org/10.1093/scipol/scu036
- Davy van Doren and Nils B. Heyen. Synthetic biology: Too early for assessments? A review of synthetic biology assessments in Germany. Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 272-282; doi: dx.doi.org/10.1093/scipol/scu034
- Philip Boucher, Robert Smith, and Kate Millar. Biofuels under the spotlight: The state of assessment and potential for integration. Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 283-293; doi: 10.1093/scipol/scu028
- Erik de Bakker, Carolien de Lauwere, Anne-Charlotte Hoes, and Volkert Beekman. Responsible research and innovation in miniature: Information asymmetries hindering a more inclusive 'nanofood' development. Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 294-305; doi: 10.1093/scipol/scu033
- Ellen-Marie Forsberg, Erik Thorstensen, Rasmus Øjvind Nielsen, and Erik de Bakker. Assessments of emerging science and technologies: Mapping the landscape. Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 306-316.; doi: 10.1093/scipol/scu025
- Davy van Doren, Ellen-Marie Forsberg, and Ralf Lindner. Are assessments responding to a dynamic environment? Evidence from four emerging techno-scientific domains.
Science and Public Policy 2014 41: 317-331. doi: 10.1093/scipol/scu032
Ellen-Marie Forsberg, Quaglio, G., O'Kane, H., Karapiperis, T., van Woensel, L. and Arnaldi, S. 2015. Assessment of science and technologies: Advising for and with responsibility. Technology in Society. 42; 21-27:
Ellen-Marie Forsberg and Carolien de Lauwere. 2013. 'Integration needs in assessments of nanotechnology in food and agriculture' In Etikk i Praksis. Nordic Journal of Applied Ethics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 38-54: http://tapir.pdc.no/pdf/EIP/2013/2013-01-4.pdf
Volkert Beekman and Dagevos, H. 2013. The knowledge society as pleonasm: towards mobilisation of social intelligence in the agricultural and food domain. In: H. Röcklinsberg and P. Sandin (eds.) The ethics of consumption: The Citizen, the market and the law, Wageningen Academic Publishers, 353-357; doi: 10.3920/978-90-8686-784-4_56
Ellen-Marie Forsberg. 2012. 'Integrated assessments of emerging food technologies - some options and challenges' In Potthast, T. and Meisch, S.
Climate change and sustainable development. Ethical perspectives on land use and food production.
Wageningen Academic Publishers.; doi: 10.3920/978-90-8686-753-0_41
EST-Frame deliverable 1.2 The current and future context for EST analysis.
EST-Frame deliverable 1.3 Criteria for an integrated analytical framework.
EST-Frame deliverable 6.6 An integrated framework for assessing societal impacts of emerging science and technologies. Website: http://transtepapproach.wordpress.com/
EST-Frame deliverable 6.7 An integrated framework for assessing societal impacts of emerging science and technologies.